Paris: Made by Hand

 While the Federal Government is "raising the roof", I mean ceiling, others are planning a trip to Paris. Two friends of mine are planning to visit the City of Light in September. This is the month when apparently everything design-related happens in France with Maison & Object 2011, Paris Trade Show, happening in Paris and a few antique shows in the South. No, I'm not going, instead we'll have had renovated our two bathrooms by then. I suggested to one of them to take Paris: Made by Hand, a book published in 2009 that lists a good amount of Parisian artisans and fantastic secret studio boutiques carrying great quality Parisian handmade items. With only one caveat: they have to bring back something special to me! You can buy the book here. I also let them know about a secret I've been keeping for myself.  It's shameful, I know!! but I'll share with you as well, in case you haven't seen them yet.  There is a compilation of videos At Roger Vivier's website where Ines de la Fressange takes you inside her favorite places in France. Tout simplement fascinant!  see it here.
images from Amazon.
You have read this article Books / hand made boutiques in Pairs / Paris Made by Hand / Parisian artisans with the title Paris: Made by Hand. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2011/08/paris-made-by-hand.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Paris: Made by Hand"

Post a Comment