Designer I'll always look up to: Albert Hadley 1920-2012

The sad news of the death of Albert Hadley is vastly known by now.  The Dean of American Decorators is one of those few outliers in Interior Design who have created spaces that will be timeless forever.  As he said himself  Decorating is not about making stage sets, it's not about making pretty pictures for the magazines; it's really about creating a quality of life, a beauty that nourishes the soul.” And he certainly did, and in multiple of occasions, by creating homes that were as beautiful as they were interesting and unique.  

I had the enormous pleasure of meeting him in two separate occasions and one of the things about him that most made me admire him was his humbleness and kind demeanor.  Two qualities that are difficult to find in a media where large egos and self aggrandizement is abound. His legacy will always be a source of inspiration and a model for me.  As well as to many others I'm sure.
But names really are not the point, it’s what you can achieve for the simplest person. Glamour is part of it, but glamour is not the essence. Design is about discipline and reality, not about fantasy beyond reality.” Albert Hadley
  R.I.P., Mr. Hadley
You have read this article Albert Hadley / Outliers: the story of success with the title Designer I'll always look up to: Albert Hadley 1920-2012. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2012/04/designer-i-always-look-up-to-albert.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Designer I'll always look up to: Albert Hadley 1920-2012"

Post a Comment