What's your Christmas Dessert?

I grew up with the notion that Christmas would not be Christmas without Turrones (similar to nougats) lying around in the house as long as the Holiday goes on.  Up until last night the only Turron I would buy for our home was Turron De Alicante, Spain.  I swear to anyone I know that the best food in the world is found in the south of Valencia called Alicante.  Having paid a visit a few times and being mesmerized by the exquisiteness of its cuisine I assumed that so was the case with their Turron.  Alicante's was the best.  I had tried many others that have only confirmed that.  Until last night, when my hubby brought home something I wasn't expecting to incite me like that.  It goes by the name of Antica Torroneria Piemontese,  ALAS! What was that..?  I should probably say I prefer desserts that are not overly sweet, so this one was right up my ally!  Sweet enough to brig a smile to my face (and kept me yearning for more) and hard enough as to not threaten my teeth.  The one I tried is coated with a delicious green coating with cedar flavor.
I also tried their truffles and oh my! With an outer coat of powdered coffee that kind of spreads inside your mouth at first until you bite into an explosion of perfectly bitter/sweet chocolate, between the bites little pieces of nuts surprise you.  The whole unexpected experience made me search for this Antica Torroneria Piemontese thing for many minutes to not find a place where this stuff is sold here in the US.  Nothing... that sometimes it's better off not to come across things this good after all.
Below, a few lovely images of Dessert Tables.  Enjoy!
images via Lost Past Remembered, So Darling, A gray blog, Sparkling Events, Pinterest.
You have read this article antica torroneria piemontese / Christmas / dessert table / food / torrone / turron de alicante / turrones with the title What's your Christmas Dessert?. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2011/12/what-your-christmas-dessert.html. Thanks!

No comment for "What's your Christmas Dessert?"

Post a Comment