Pool Party Prepping

Not my pool, but I wouldn't mind if it was!  Russo Designs

OK, every year I say I am going to entertain more, and every year I get busy, time marches on, and I don't do it.  This is the year!  Some of my husband's golf friends and their wives will be joining us by the pool next week, so I am gathering my ideas and inspirations for a casual get together ~ Carrie style.

I love these cowhide towels.  A few splayed over the lounge chairs sets the mood.  Seriously, why has no one thought of this before?


Maslin & Co.



Not enough seating?  Pull up a rope pouf.  Part of the Privet for Target collection.  Pool parties need to be fully coordinated, just like anything else!




Also part of that collection, and on sale by the way, Privet House has these great melamine plates, serving dishes, glasses, and other coordinating items.  I am going for a bohemian, chic, global, retro, rustic vibe.








A few striped pillows in outdoor fabric on each of my two benches round out the look nicely.



On the buffet table, I am totally putting these fruit/branch arrangements together.  So easy, and they look like a million bucks.  I also have a thing for succulents right now.  Maybe I'll throw a glass cloche over it.



Pinterest


These paper lanterns will look sensational clustered together in the trees.



lanterns



I consulted a mixologist and will be serving sparkling white sangria with extra mint (my latest obsession) and Parisien Mojitos with Elderflower liquor (my other obsession), not to be confused with truffle oil (my all time obsession) ~ which I unapologetically put on everything!






Now, if only coming up with a menu was that easy.  Any suggestions?





You have read this article backyard / entertaining / party / pools with the title Pool Party Prepping. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2012/07/pool-party-prepping.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Pool Party Prepping"

Post a Comment