My Day in LA


We left on time, were on schedule, didn't encounter the dreaded traffic we were told to expect, and yet... I don't know what happened.  The day just got away from me.


I did manage to see my friend Clayton at Plantation; always a go to resource for me.







I wandered into MIX Furniture, where I was so impressed with the depth of merchandise imported from around the world.







Maybe there was too much of this at The Ivy, but we were having fun



On a beautiful sunny day in California you just drink in the cabbage roses that are everywhere, and get lost in the vintage textiles and warmth of this place.  
We lingered longer than expected...





I rushed over to Kelly Wearstler, where it was literally a feast for my eyes.
I will do a more in depth post on Kelly next time.





So ~ all the sudden, to my surprise. I ran out of this...



  Nathan Turner had closed, as did many of the design shops I had hoped to visit.  I was hoping to stop by (and that he would be there) since we bonded in Paris, but alas, it was not to be. 



 This is all I saw of Martin Lawrence Bullard's place next door.  Don't forget, Million Dollar Decorator's new season begins Nov. 13th.  I can't wait!



Rose Tarlow was open, so I ducked in there.  It's very serene and elegant.  Rose has a refined eye, yet her interiors still manage to feel casual.




love this corner chair in the stairway



I managed to get a peek in Dragonette on La Cienega, and fell in love with this agate lamp for a client.  It would look great with the corner chair!  They were nice enough to keep the store opened a little longer for me.



I did not accomplish as much as I had hoped, but had a great time and enjoyed everything I did see.
There was nothing left to do but have an early dinner, which we did at Cecconi's, and loved it!





A good time was had by all.  And by all, I mean me : )



ph: CLI



You have read this article Kelly Wearstler / MIX Furniture / Plantation Home / Rose tarlow / The Ivy with the title My Day in LA. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-day-in-la.html. Thanks!

No comment for "My Day in LA"

Post a Comment