HomeGoods Home Run

I was asked to tweak a little girl's room.  Translation:  transform her room on a shoestring budget.  "No problem", I say.  I love a challenge.  I took a stroll through Home Goods the other day and the planets must have been aligned because....SCORE!  I saw a beautiful turquoise Mongolian lamb pouf from across the room.  As I was racing towards it something distracted me.  Could it be,  a balloon dog sculpture a la Jeff Koons?  Unbelievable!  Then I looked to the left, and sitting in a corner amongst a few things was a side table that reminded me of the little gem I had admired at the New York Gift Show by a popular vendor.  GRAND SLAM!!



We are keeping the mint green wall color, black headboard, and the sisal looking carpet.  With the addition of a beautiful floral fabric remnant, a BIG cork board, butterfly wall stickers, and some paper lanterns, Viola!


Beautiful Bedding fabric


close up of similar , more expensive table


Museum worthy Jeff Koons balloon dog. 


In the end, whether it's small job or a full blown renovation with the ability to dream big, making the client happy is all that ever really matters.  That's where the satisfaction lies.


You have read this article Budget decorating / HomeGoods / Jeff Koons with the title HomeGoods Home Run. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2011/02/homegoods-home-run.html. Thanks!

No comment for "HomeGoods Home Run"

Post a Comment