Kafting around

[<span class=
When I think of Kaftan the first image that comes to my mind is the image of Lee Radziwill sitting in her ottoman-inspired drawing room in London, way before I was born, where she seemed to be wearing an elaborate embroidery Kaftan. I can't emphasize enough how much I prefer to stay away from heavy fabrics such as denim because they're cold in the Winter and hot in the Summer. There is nothing I love more than loose clothes that will make me feel comfortable in the summer, and Kaftan always do it for me. Did you know that Kaftan was originally created as a men's outfit worn by the Ottoman sultans?
Yvest Saint Laurent

Bally

I love this image. It's so 70's. It reminds me of the Jill Sander Spring 2011 striped maxi dress
Simone <span class=
Now, this is a fabulous Pucci kaftan worn by Simone D'aillencourt. I can imagine myself wearing something like this while sitting by a swimming pool, sipping a martini and enjoying the refreshing breeze. This is a much affordable version. Antik Batik makes really beautiful ones too and Issa has this really chic one, love the fabric.
You have read this article Fashion / Kaftan / Lee Radziwill with the title Kafting around. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2011/04/kafting-around.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Kafting around"

Post a Comment