Kitchen of the week


I'm afraid of heights. Any floor above 6 will give me the creeps. But this Kitchen, designed by Carlos Aparicio on the 76th floor of a new building, surprises me to my core by how much I like it. Being in a modern architecture with steel windows that go up to the ceiling, but it's yet cozy and warm. I'm sure Aparicio was looking to get that effect when he opted for limed-oak wall paneling and cabinetry. The thoughtful touch of textured travertine on the island and counter top don't fail either. I love that inviting little eating area and the work space in the far back looking out the window. I can imagine this kitchen towards the end of day to be filled with sunset light and me sitting in that eating area sipping a cup of cortadito while looking out the window. But of course I would be sitting in the far left side and only looking straight out front, never down.
Photo by William Abranowicz for Architectural Digest.
You have read this article Carlos Aparicio / kitchen / modern kitchen / William Abranowicz with the title Kitchen of the week. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2011/04/kitchen-of-week.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Kitchen of the week"

Post a Comment