Stopped me on my track

While reading T magazine over the weekend I came across this house and it literally took my breath away. The Georgian mansion called Dinder House sits on 23 acres in Somerset, England. Chris and Jo Mycock bought the house and all their request was to have a house fun and child friendly, a place where their 4 boys can spread around and run. As consequence a modern home designed by Ilse Crawford was the result, complete with lego rooms, a basement dedicated to a more than imaginative playroom and a table tennis room with an oversize colored-glass Venini chandelier hanging above it. Now wait until you see what they did with their kitchen. I'm more fond of traditional kitchens but what Ilse did with it, it's such a clever and innovative idea in order to not alter the architecture. To read more and see more pictures of this gorgeous house go here.

This uber chic cabinet depicts the story of the house in a custom marquetry job by Studio Job. It doesn't get more customized while child friendly than this.
The herringbone floor, the gilded Georgian oversize mirror, the Eames dowel leg chairs in different colors and the Rody Graumans's 85 chandelier juxtaposed perfectly. I mean, in my opinion this room is perfect.

Above, the children's den. How lucky!

Love how playful the hand-blocked wallpaper from Paris looks when used together with modern furniture.
You have read this article communal tales / dinder house / Eames dowel leg chairs / Herman miller / herringbone floor / Ilse Crawford / rody grauman's chandelier / studio job / t magazine / venini chandelier with the title Stopped me on my track. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2011/04/stopped-me-on-my-track.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Stopped me on my track"

Post a Comment