Marbleous showers


Steven Gambrel via Elle Decor
Remember my dilemma with not having enough space for a deep bathtub in our master bathroom. Well, after I figured out how to make it work (by replacing the adjacent bathroom's door by a pocket door and taking over 5 inches); I sat down and thought why all the hustle and bustle for a bathtub that is not going to be deeper than 17 inches? Unfortunately bathtubs start getting deeper after 6'. So I decided for a shower instead with a wooden bench to sit on and give myself my own pedicure. That's what we have right now anyway and it's worked pretty well. It'll only be a lot nicer. All these images are more than inspirational and even our bathroom won’t be lined in Onyx or in any of those one-of-a kind marbles that Kelly Wearstler seem to love; I'll let you know later what I'll use.  I also love all the glass doors in these showers.  Steven Gambrel (above) via Elle Decor seems to favor travertine marble for the showers he designs.

Kate Spade's bathroom with white subway tiles and lucite sink legs.
Kate Spades is my kind of girl because she rather have bigger common spaces like a living room, library and bedroom than bigger baths. I prefer that too. The spacious shower below also found at Elle Decor is like a personal gym also.

In this bathroom designed by Nathan Egan the walls are covered in marble and the floor seem to be covered with penny or hexagon marble tiles.
The basketweave floor tiles have no competition because of the use of lucite/acrylic legs as sink base.
A complete covered shower in onyx.
 David Jimenez used white subway tiles on the walls in this all white bathroom.
You have read this article Bathroom / bathroom sink / calacatta oro / carrara / console / legs / lucite / marble / My design / onyx / overhead faucets / shower / sink glass legs / subway tiles / travertine with the title Marbleous showers. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2011/04/marbleous-showers.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Marbleous showers"

Post a Comment